The immigration application process can be very difficult. These days, the rules and regulations make it increasingly difficult to qualify for a UK visa.
UK Immigration is our core business. We legally support all UK immigration applications, managing and advising our clients on all aspects of student visa rules and procedures. We provide friendly, extensive, up-to-date UK immigration services for visa applications that cater to our clients’ individual circumstances.
A student visa allows foreign born nationals born outside of the UK, the opportunity to live and work in the UK. To qualify the applicant must meet the general requirements
You must have:
- an unconditional offer of a place on a course with a licensed Tier 4 sponsor
- enough money to support yourself and pay for your course – the amount will vary depending on your circumstances
You can do a course that’s one of the following:
- full-time leading to a qualification that’s at least level 6 on the Ofqual register
- part-time leading to a qualification that’s at least level 7 on the Ofqual register
- an overseas course of degree level study that’s equal to a UK higher education course and is being run by an overseas higher education institution
- full-time, with at least 15 hours per week of organised daytime study, leading to a qualification which is at least level 3 on the Ofqual register
- a recognised foundation programme as a postgraduate doctor or dentist
- an English language course at level B2 or above on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
Postgraduate doctors and dentists
You can apply for this visa if you’re sponsored to do a recognised foundation programme and you’ve:
- finished a recognised UK degree in medicine or dentistry
- received that degree from a registered Tier 4 sponsor
- spent your final year and at least 1 other year of studies leading to that degree in the UK
Confirmation of acceptance for studies
Your education provider will send you a reference number called a confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) once they’ve offered you a place on a course. You’ll need to enter this on your visa application.
You must apply for your visa no more than 6 months after you receive the CAS.
If you’ve studied in the UK before
You can only get a CAS in certain situations if you’re applying from within the UK.
If you’re continuing your studies
You can get a CAS if you’re:
- resitting exams or repeating modules
- applying for the first time to a new institution to complete a course you started at an institution that lost its Tier 4 sponsorship
- applying to extend your stay to complete your studies because you’ve done (or want to do) a work placement or study abroad programme
- completing a PhD or other doctorate that you started studying under your last Tier 4 (General) student visa
- applying after working as a student union sabbatical officer to complete a qualification you started studying under your last Tier 4 (General) student visa
- continuing your medical, dentistry or medical science degree after completing an intercalated course
If you’re starting a new course
You can get a CAS if your course is one of the following:
- at a higher academic level than your previous course
- at the same level and related to your previous course or career aspirations – it must be degree level or above at a Higher Education Institution (HEI)
- intercalated to a medicine, dentistry or medical science course you started studying under a Tier 4 (General) student visa
If you’re applying to work in the UK
You can get a CAS if you’re applying to either:
- work as a student union sabbatical officer
- stay in the UK to look for work after you’ve finished your PhD or doctorate – the ‘Doctorate Extension Scheme’ (DES)
How long does it take?
We aim to complete our work within 2 to 3 weeks and the UK government will take around 3 months to process. If you require the visa sooner, please contact us immediately to discuss what priority services are available to you.
Why hire an immigration lawyer?
Wondering if it makes sense to hire an immigration lawyer? Here are some of the top benefits of hiring us to help you:
- Know the best path to immigration – Our firm will help you determine which way to meet your immigration needs.
- Profile accuracy – We can help you avoid common mistakes that can lead to visa refusals.
- Speed – Our professional staff will work with you to collect all the required documentation and information as quickly as possible.
- Personalised service – Dedicated experts will work closely with you throughout the process and will be available to answer any questions.
- No missed opportunities – We monitor the many different programs and visas for updates to make sure you are best positioned for success.
How we can help
UK immigration is what we do day in and day out. We have extensive experience of preparing successful Tier 4 general student visa applications. By partnering with LAWTEC Solicitors, you can be assured that your immigration application process will be managed in a professional and cost-effective manner.
Many of our clients are happy to relieve themselves of the frustrations of preparing paperwork and having to deal with government red-tape by hiring our professional team of immigration experts.
We are proud of the fact that our team of highly experienced lawyers and multi-lingual specialists really do enjoy nothing more than winning UK visa applications for our clients.