If you are eligible for emergency accommodation you will be housed as soon as possible and normally in either;
- A Bed and Breakfast
- Homelessness Hostel
- Self-contained accommodation
The council is expected to find you emergency accommodation that is suitable and appropriate to your individual situation. Things that should be taken into account include;
- Where the housing is located – your council will try their hardest to ensure your housing is close to your work, family or current area.
- Rent cost – you will have to pay rent in your emergency accommodation and the council should ensure that you are paying rent that you can afford
- How long you stay in emergency accommodation – pregnant women or people with young children should only be housed in shared accommodation or a B&B for a maximum of six weeks before they are found more suitable accommodation
- Accessibility – the council should ensure that your emergency accommodation is accessible, this will include appropriate facilities if you suffer from a disability.
- Standards – heating, fire safety and room size are all taken into account and should meet the guidelines set out by the Secretary of State
LAWTEC Solicitors is an independent law firm, who’s aim is to provide their clients with the highest standards of legal expertise together with exceptional customer service. We are a modern and progressive firm supporting our clients with direct lawyer contact, no hidden costs, specialist advice and free initial assessment.
Our main objective has always been to provide quality and efficient legal services together with expert advice and representation to our clients all over the world.
Interpreting the law can be a minefield, more so when it concerns a very new, or niche or particularly complicated matter. To help our clients navigate the law and achieve the best possible outcome, our legal team includes solicitors who specialise in many different areas of law and business sectors.
Each lawyer’s chosen specialism reflects their experience, in-depth knowledge and passion.
At LAWTEC Solicitors, we have specialist experience in all areas of Motoring Law/Immigration Law and Commercial leases and can provide our assistance in these matters with a free initial assessment to help you along the way.
|National, Friendly Solicitors
|Highly recommended Solicitors
|Agreed Fees – No Hidden Costs