The immigration application process can be very difficult. These days, the rules and regulations make it increasingly difficult to qualify for a UK visa.
UK Immigration is our core business. We legally support all UK immigration applications, managing and advising our clients on all aspects of UK Marriage Visarules and procedures. We provide friendly, extensive, up-to-date UK immigration services for visa applications that cater to our clients’ individual circumstances.
A UK Marriage Visa allows foreign born nationals born outside of the UK, the opportunity to live and work in the UK. To qualify the applicant must meet the requirements.
To apply as a spouse, you and your spouse both need to be 18 or over.
Your spouse must also either:
- be a British citizen
- have settled in the UK – for example, they have indefinite leave to remain, settled status or proof of permanent residence
- have refugee status or humanitarian protection in the UK
You and your spouse must intend to live together permanently in the UK after you apply.
You must be able to prove the following:
- you’re in a marriage that’s recognised in the UK
- you’re marriage and relationship is durable
You also need to prove you:
- have a good knowledge of English
- can financially support yourself and your dependants
- the sponsor earns a minimum income of £18600 unless you are claiming PIP/Carers allowance
If you are already in the UK and do not meet these requirements you may still be able to apply for a visa or extend your permission to stay if:
- you have a child in the UK who is a British citizen or has lived in the UK for 7 years and it would be unreasonable for them to leave the UK
- there would be very significant difficulties for you and your spouse if you lived together as a couple outside the UK that could not be overcome
- it would breach your human rights to stop you coming to the UK or make you leave
How long does it take?
We aim to complete our work within 2 to 3 weeks and the UK government will take around 3 months to process. If you require the visa sooner, please contact us immediately to discuss what priority services are available to you.
Why hire an immigration lawyer?
Wondering if it makes sense to hire an immigration lawyer? Here are some of the top benefits of hiring us to help you:
- Know the best path to immigration – Our firm will help you determine which way to meet your immigration needs.
- Profile accuracy – We can help you avoid common mistakes that can lead to visa refusals.
- Speed – Our professional staff will work with you to collect all the required documentation and information as quickly as possible.
- Personalised service – Dedicated experts will work closely with you throughout the process and will be available to answer any questions.
- No missed opportunities – We monitor the many different programs and visas for updates to make sure you are best positioned for success.
How we can help
UK immigration is what we do day in and day out. We have extensive experience of preparing successful UK Marriage Visa applications. By partnering with LAWTEC Solicitors, you can be assured that your immigration application process will be managed in a professional and cost-effective manner.
Many of our clients are happy to relieve themselves of the frustrations of preparing paperwork and having to deal with government red-tape by hiring our professional team of immigration experts.
We are proud of the fact that our team of highly experienced lawyers and multi-lingual specialists really do enjoy nothing more than winning UK visa applications for our clients.