Deprecated: Required parameter $field follows optional parameter $post_id in /home/lawtec/public_html/wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields/includes/acf-value-functions.php on line 54

Deprecated: Required parameter $field follows optional parameter $value in /home/lawtec/public_html/wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields/includes/acf-value-functions.php on line 166

Deprecated: Required parameter $value follows optional parameter $key in /home/lawtec/public_html/wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields/includes/ajax/class-acf-ajax.php on line 76
Section 21 Possession Claims - LAWTEC

Do you need help with a Section 21 Possession Claim? Then call us now for a free assessment on 01922 725959

Section 21 Possession Claims

A Section 21 notice is the most common way for a landlord to begin an eviction of a tenant. Landlords must follow strict procedure in order to evict a tenant else they risk being guilty of harassment or illegally evicting their tenants.

In order for a Section 21 to be considered legal it must;

  • Be delivered in writing, giving the tenant at least two months’ notice
  • Be on the correct form if the tenant signed a new contract or renewal agreement on or after 1 October 2015.

If you are issued a Section 21 notice, you will not have to leave immediately. Landlords have to give a minimum of two months’ notice. Landlords are not obliged to give a reason for evicting the tenant although some reasons include;

  • The landlord wants to move back in to the property
  • Rent is overdue
  • The tenant has breached their contract in any way
  • The property has been inherited

The initial most important thing to do is check the validity of the Section 21 notice. If the notice is in any way not valid then you may be able to challenge it and remain in your home. The notice will be invalid if;

  • A minimum of two months’ notice are not given
  • The landlord did not protect the tenant’s deposit
  • The landlord did not provide a receipt of the deposit
  • The notice has any mistakes on it, such as spelling your name incorrectly
  • You live in a property that requires a licence and your landlord doesn’t have one
  • You have only been in the property for 4 months

S21 notices can be complicated and LAWTEC Solicitors can advise tenants on the issue of a Section 21 Notice, including whether an S21 can be used to gain possession of a property – and whether a landlord has issued the S21 correctly.

LAWTEC Solicitors

LAWTEC Solicitors is an independent law firm, who’s aim is to provide their clients with the highest standards of legal expertise together with exceptional customer service. We are a modern and progressive firm supporting our clients with direct lawyer contact, no hidden costs, specialist advice and free initial assessment.

Our main objective has always been to provide quality and efficient legal services together with expert advice and representation to our clients all over the world.

Interpreting the law can be a minefield, more so when it concerns a very new, or niche or particularly complicated matter. To help our clients navigate the law and achieve the best possible outcome, our legal team includes solicitors who specialise in many different areas of law and business sectors.

Each lawyer’s chosen specialism reflects their experience, in-depth knowledge and passion.

At LAWTEC Solicitors, we have specialist experience in all areas of Motoring Law/Immigration Law and Commercial leases and can provide our assistance in these matters with a free initial assessment to help you along the way.

Free Assessment National, Friendly Solicitors
Highly recommended Solicitors Agreed Fees – No Hidden Costs

Deprecated: Required parameter $lineno follows optional parameter $only in /home/lawtec/public_html/wp-content/plugins/responsive-menu/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Node/Include.php on line 20