The immigration application process can be very difficult. These days, the rules and regulations make it increasingly difficult to qualify for a UK visa.
UK Immigration is our core business. We legally support all UK immigration applications, managing and advising our clients on all aspects of UK Dependency Visa rules and procedures. We provide friendly, extensive, up-to-date UK immigration services for visa applications that cater to our clients’ individual circumstances.
A UK Dependency Visa allows foreign born nationals born outside of the UK, the opportunity to live and work in the UK. To qualify the applicant must meet the general requirements
You must be outside the UK to apply and need long-term care from a parent, grandchild, brother, sister, son or daughter who is living permanently in the UK.
One of the following must also apply to the relative:
- they’re a British citizen
- they’ve settled in the UK – for example, they have indefinite leave to remain, settled status or proof of permanent residence
- they have refugee status or humanitarian protection in the UK
If your family member has settled status you may also be eligible to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme or for a family permit.
You must prove all of the following:
- you need long-term care to do everyday personal and household tasks because of illness, disability or your age
- the care you need is not available or affordable in the country you live in
- the person you’ll be joining in the UK will be able to support, accommodate and care for you without claiming public funds for at least 5 years
- you’re 18 or over
How long you can stay for
Your stay will be:
- unlimited if you applied to join a family member who’s British or settled in the UK – you will not need to apply to extend or settle
- as long as your family member’s stay if they have refugee status or humanitarian protection in the UK – you’ll need to apply to extend or settle when they do
How long does it take?
We aim to complete our work within 2 to 3 weeks and the UK government will take around 3 months to process. If you require the visa sooner, please contact us immediately to discuss what priority services are available to you.
Why hire an immigration lawyer?
Wondering if it makes sense to hire an immigration lawyer? Here are some of the top benefits of hiring us to help you:
- Know the best path to immigration – Our firm will help you determine which way to meet your immigration needs.
- Profile accuracy – We can help you avoid common mistakes that can lead to visa refusals.
- Speed – Our professional staff will work with you to collect all the required documentation and information as quickly as possible.
- Personalised service – Dedicated experts will work closely with you throughout the process and will be available to answer any questions.
- No missed opportunities – We monitor the many different programs and visas for updates to make sure you are best positioned for success.
How we can help
UK immigration is what we do day in and day out. We have extensive experience of preparing successful UK Dependency Visa applications. By partnering with LawTec Solicitors, you can be assured that your immigration application process will be managed in a professional and cost-effective manner.
Many of our clients are happy to relieve themselves of the frustrations of preparing paperwork and having to deal with government red-tape by hiring our professional team of immigration experts.
We are proud of the fact that our team of highly experienced lawyers and multi-lingual specialists really do enjoy nothing more than winning UK visa applications for our clients.