Any kind of harassment is a criminal offence. Harassment is action taken by your landlord to deliberately disrupt your home life or make you leave. The most common form of landlord harassment is visiting the property without warning and looking around your living quarters. They do not have the right to do this; they should give you proper notice if they are visiting the property.
If they are doing this persistently or do so in a threatening or alarming way you may be the victim of harassment.
It may seem incredibly difficult to stand up to your landlord when you feel they are harassing you but there are remedies available through the courts which can prevent them from abusing their position and harassing you.
Examples of landlord harassment include;
- Allowing the property to fall into disrepair
- Allowing workmen or builders to enter the property without notice
- Denying access to areas of the property (kitchen or bathroom for example)
- Entering the property without prior notice
- Entering the property when you are not present without notice
- Harassing you because of your race, gender or sexuality
- Reading or interfering with your post
- Refusing you from having guests
- Shutting off utilities such as electric, gas or water
- Threatening you
- Withholding keys or changing the locks
LAWTEC Solicitors is an independent law firm, who’s aim is to provide their clients with the highest standards of legal expertise together with exceptional customer service. We are a modern and progressive firm supporting our clients with direct lawyer contact, no hidden costs, specialist advice and free initial assessment.
Our main objective has always been to provide quality and efficient legal services together with expert advice and representation to our clients all over the world.
Interpreting the law can be a minefield, more so when it concerns a very new, or niche or particularly complicated matter. To help our clients navigate the law and achieve the best possible outcome, our legal team includes solicitors who specialise in many different areas of law and business sectors.
Each lawyer’s chosen specialism reflects their experience, in-depth knowledge and passion.
At LAWTEC Solicitors, we have specialist experience in all areas of Motoring Law/Immigration Law and Commercial leases and can provide our assistance in these matters with a free initial assessment to help you along the way.
|Free Assessment||National, Friendly Solicitors|
|Highly recommended Solicitors||Agreed Fees – No Hidden Costs|