All forms of harassment are considered a criminal offence. Often landlords believe that they have the right to visit their properties without giving the tenant warning but this is not the case and if you persistently do this your tenant could accuse you of harassment and take you to court.
This is the case even if you are attempting to evict a tenant as the only way for a tenant to be legally evicted is by going through court procedures.
Harassment claims can be the result of a variety of reasons, these include;
- Entering the property without giving the tenant a minimum of 24 hours’ notice
- Allowing others (such as builders or workmen) to enter the property without notice
- Entering the property even when the tenant is absent without informing them
- Reading any mail that is not addressed to you
- Preventing the tenant from having visitors or guests
- Continuously harassing tenants for rent (even if it is in arrears)
- Shutting off utilities
- Preventing the tenant from accessing certain parts of the property
- Any kind of threat
LAWTEC Solicitors is an independent law firm, who’s aim is to provide their clients with the highest standards of legal expertise together with exceptional customer service. We are a modern and progressive firm supporting our clients with direct lawyer contact, no hidden costs, specialist advice and free initial assessment.
Our main objective has always been to provide quality and efficient legal services together with expert advice and representation to our clients all over the world.
Interpreting the law can be a minefield, more so when it concerns a very new, or niche or particularly complicated matter. To help our clients navigate the law and achieve the best possible outcome, our legal team includes solicitors who specialise in many different areas of law and business sectors.
Each lawyer’s chosen specialism reflects their experience, in-depth knowledge and passion.
At LAWTEC Solicitors, we have specialist experience in all areas of Motoring Law/Immigration Law and Commercial leases and can provide our assistance in these matters with a free initial assessment to help you along the way.
|Free Assessment||National, Friendly Solicitors|
|Highly recommended Solicitors||Agreed Fees – No Hidden Costs|